Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 106

We're winding up on round two of this storm.  It was a bitch, to put it bluntly.

And it wasn't even the snow totals.  It was the wet, heavy snow that was difficult to move.  It was the ice that made everything slippery and added a hard crust to the top of the snow.

I was outside for over three hours today.  Our snowblower decided it was on strike, so good old fashioned shoveling was all that we could do.  That's all fine and dandy.  I can handle it.  To be honest, I like to zone out and get it done.  I know it's a good workout, and I feel a great sense of accomplishment when it's finished.
This doesn't mean that I am not aching right now, and feel like my arms may just fall off or stop working altogether at any given moment.  I may have nightmares about either of those scenarios tonight.

Here is a quick video to show you just a bit of the yard.  I swear it seems so much more in person.  Like for instance, the path in this video, the outsides of it are up to my waist.



The kids had fun playing in the snow.  Ty, Nate and Brody used one of the massive mounds of snow as a slide and a platform to dive into the snow below.

On the bright side, Keira has been showing interest in using the potty.  (The bathroom, for all you non-kid speaking people.)
I decided, what better time to give it a go then when we are snowed in?  So I whipped out her Yo Gabba Gabba undies and folks, she has been wearing the same pair ALL day long.  She loves running to the potty.  She loves waving bye bye to her pee pee or poo poo (I know too much info, but it's something I'm proud of her for.)  I am going to take it at face value, and not count on it sticking, but by golly if it does, I am having a no more diapers in our house party and you will all be invited.

Seriously.

I'm not joking.

Do you know how much I have invested into the diaper industry over the past ten years?

Never mind, I don't even want to know, because I probably could have bought a vacation home or traveled around the world five times with the money.

Here ends my post for the day.  Do you like my super cool leg warmers?  You're jealous of them huh.  It's okay.  I'll tell you a secret.  I bought them in the kids sections of H&M.  They are off white, knit and warm as warm can be.

What?  It's okay for Keira to wear them, so why can't I?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com