Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Keira

"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression in the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle."
Vincent Van Gogh

Dear baby Keira,
Yesterday we moved furniture into your nursery. It was quite the event. Your cousins Liam and Connor were here and they were playing and watching Spongebob with your brothers Ty and Nate. Brody stayed with me, because if I put him down I knew he would bolt for an empty door. Daddy, Honey, and Uncle Adam helped take down our kitchen table and put it in the basement, then bring up our third table in only one year. I promise it will be big enough to scoot away from your brothers when they have burping contests at dinner. They brought up your bureau, which was your Auntie Meryl's when she was younger. They also moved Uncle Adam's new armoir into his room, and moved the bureau he was using into your brothers' room. Your brother Ty and I put all of your brothers clothes away, and then, since it had quieted down a bit, I took Brody and let him play while I organized your clothes and put them into your bureau. One thing you should know is that I really have a pet peeve about clothes being organized into categories. You will always know which clothes are where.
Brody decided he would rather help me than play, so I have to give him credit in this too. He handed me things and even attempted to try on a few outfits, but he ended up just spinning in circles with clothes on top of his head. This made me laugh a lot, which made you move around a whole lot more inside me, which in turn only made me laugh more... you get the idea.
Daddy was really very tired after moving heavy things all day. I was subtly persistent in asking him to bring your crib box upstairs though. I then, despite daddy's request for me not to, sat in the middle of the floor, determined to start putting your crib together. I have waited for so long to see it set up. I actually got it done really quickly. I did have to go ask daddy for some help, and he thought it was really funny watching me screw things in and read the names of parts. I will admit, he was much faster and more efficient than I was, but I'd like to think I did the majority of it myself. Don't worry, daddy went around and tightened everything afterwards, so it won't collapse on you. We love your crib, and now my only anticipation is to see you in it. Daddy caved on you curtain rod. He initially got a bit upset because he thought it was too girly. I argued you are a girl, but I was going to return it anyway. Daddy explained last night that "lots of pink and Barbie Dolls reminded him of your Auntie Meryl's room growing up and dead birds." I know this sounds silly, but I'm sure Daddy will tell you (as he told me) about how much Auntie Meryl loved birds, and all animals, and that she had lots of birds that she kept re-naming Elvis. This whole association really made me laugh a lot and these silly little things make me love your daddy even more.
I hope you love your bureau and your crib and all of the memories attached to them. More than that, I hope you know that even before you are born, you are so very loved.

1 comment:

Amiee said...

I see you nesting has kicked in to high gear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com