Monday, January 18, 2010

Exorcism

Yesterday Keira was emotionally scarred for life. Since the acquisition of her first two bottom teeth (which have just really started to be visible) she has not bitten me, or anyone else.I thought this was because of her superior intelligence, but alas, yesterday afternoon she decided to give it a try while nursing, and I let out a big "OOOOWWWWWW", which made her bite down harder, which made me scream a bit more. She then stopped, sat up, stared at me and locked eyes with me for one brief second. That one second was where she used her jedi mind powers to tell me "This is the moment you ruined my life." Her eyes got as wide as possible, her bottom lip curled in a largest pout you have ever seen, and then the water works came. The girl let out the "waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" of the century. It took me A FULL THIRTY minutes to calm her down and convince her I was no longer possessed by the devil. She spent this thirty minutes with her head buried in my neck, refusing to look at me. Good God in Heaven, I am in for it.
Fast forward to seven-ish last night. Ty and Nate are occupied playing against each other in their life sucking Nintendo DS in their 37th "just one more game", and Nathan and I are enjoying playing with Keira and Brody on the couch. I should premise this by saying Keira is obsessed with pointing. This is a newer trick of hers, so she enjoys doing it 24/7. Brody, being the good, funny big brother he is, was pointing too, only in his game, he'd slowly raise his pointed finger and poke Nathan in the nose and say "beep!" (because in our house noses always are for honking, beep beep. Well that and eating," Keira thought this was funny, so she decided to beep her daddy's nose. She was thrilled with this new game. Then her father decided to switch up the rules, and when it was Brody's turn Nathan pretended to swat his finger away and get Brody's nose instead. Brody thought this was even better than the first game, and his belly laughs made Keira release her own belly laughs. Naturally Keira wanted to play, but the minute Nathan pretended to swat her finger away and playfully said "What are you doing", well readers, those eyes got wide, the bottom lip came out, she stared at him, locked eyes with him long enough to confirm the devil had now entered his body and tell him she would never be the same again, and then the waterworks came. Her head once again found it's spot buried into me, only before looking at me to make sure I wasn't evil. Despite Lucifer's attempts to apologize, Keira held strong to her convictions and dug her tiny hands into me, because of course her life was at great risk. How long? Almost an hour this time. Boy oh boy did her devil dad feel every second of that time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com