Thursday, January 14, 2010

Streaming Thoughts

I am all for keeping a clean house. In fact, there are a few things that I won't budge on and need to make sure get done on a daily basis. It is such a shame though, when more important things are pushed aside for the pursuit of the perfect house. This morning I was smack in the middle of cleaning every surface of my house when my dear little Brody continued to tug at me and play silly games. I didn't ignore him, and played back, but only while continuing my cleaning process. It was at that moment that I decided that the cleaning could wait. That moment, the one that I will never again have back with Brody, when all he wanted to do was play with his mama, that was something I couldn't pass up. Parents, there are so many expectations that I think we put on each other. Don't tell me you're not judgmental when you go to someone else's house, we all do it. It's not just keeping up with your house, it extends to making sure we look as close to perfect as possible, when we're not and never will be. I guess all I am saying here is, that load of laundry can wait. The world will not come to an end if the dishwasher isn't unloaded right away. Your children will not blame all of their adult psychological issues on you if you didn't give them only organic, homemade foods. What is important, what actually matters is if you dropped everything to read your child's favorite book for the 4,987th time, or waited to clean the floors later so that game of peek a boo could last longer. We don't get this time back. Perfection is overrated. I'll scribble outside the lines with my kids, thank you very much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com