Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Farewell Dear Friend

Today I am mustering up my inner strength and bidding all the yummy comfort that is referred to as carbs farewell. It has been fun, but almost 11 months after the birth of Keira, I can no longer refer to this as baby weight. It's fat, plain and simple. I can either accept that, or do something about it. Yesterday I ate about half a box of reduced fat cheez-its, but I had a lovely salmon dinner with steamed broccoli! What that doesn't make up for the carb fest? They were reduced fat, doesn't that count? Nope. Can't kid myself here. I have managed to keep off the weight I lost from being sick, and even have lost a couple more pounds on top of that. I need a major body makeover. This mama needs to start loving herself again, and as vain as this sounds, that means I need to love my body and feel good about it.
So if you have been keeping track, and reading my blog you will notice slowly I have been making changes. I said buh-bye to the death that is soda (and with that the silent, horrid additive aspartame) and I have strictly limited dairy due to Keira's tummy, and meat is gone as well (okay meat for me doesn't include fish, I love fish, what's that called a pescatarian?) Yes, now I will add carbs, that comfort deliciousness that I know all too well.
So I say so long for now. Hopefully I'll see you again when I have the ability to not eat half a box of cheez-its and can stick to the 26 cracker serving size recommended by the box itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! Keep us posted on how it's going.

Nicole said...

so far, so good. Maybe my willpower I had when I was 19 is still in there after all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com