Friday, February 26, 2010

I've Got Nothing

No quirky or relevant title here. We were attacked by intense winds last night and I am running on less than three hours of sleep. Nathan and I moved the boys out of their beds and brought them to the main floor to sleep because we were that worried about a tree slamming into our roof. Thankfully that did not happen. Although most of our street lost power (we did not), and there were trees covering our street (we were finally lulled to sleep by the flashing of various police/fire trucks), and I guess I could tell you that it looks like the trees threw up all over our yard (but in light of other folks' stories, I feel blessed) our shed ended up the only REAL casualty. A tree was uprooted and fell smack on the roof of the shed, crushing it completely. We are all running a bit on empty at this point. Nathan is trying to make the clan happy, and offered to accompany me to the grocery store, which has only happened oh maybe four times in seven years. He enjoys teaching the boys to cook, and honestly I learned how to cook mostly from him (he'll gladly tell you what a terrible cook I was when we met, but will quickly follow up with what a maestro I am now, ha!) Tonight he has chosen to cook ribs (from scratch) and fries (from scratch) which is actually a surprisingly inexpensive meal. Ribs were 12- and potatoes were 4-. I chose to make a big salad for me (and everyone else, but honestly it's because I could eat the whole thing myself.) On that foodie note, I know a few have asked me about how I'm doing so far. Well, I'd like to say so far so good. In some ways I am eating more, but it's all smaller portions and as far as what I am eating, lots and lots of green things. Seriously. I'm consuming entire crops of veggies and beans. I am also (besides drinking lots of water) keeping the green tea industry in business all by myself. I feel much better. My body actually feels cleaner. No joke.
I have begun reading Shutter Island and am hoping for my eyes to cooperate and let me stay awake enough tonight to actually finish it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com