Saturday, February 20, 2010

Durga


I have survived folks! February Vacation week is rapidly coming to a close and gosh golly gee willakers, I SURVIVED. Please see slideshows in my previous post for proof of survival.
Last night Keira participated in her first pageant. It was fun, and I'm glad we did it. Before you get all Toddlers and Tiaras on me, it was a natural pageant. No make up, tanning, false anything was allowed, not even in the older divisions. Give me a break, I have a girl now!!!
In other news, Brody met with his speech therapist this week (I am patting myself on the back for being able to juggle two speech therapists, early intervention, kindergarten registration, a pageant, policy council for Nate's school, pop warner board meetings, basketball practice, and vacation week ALL AT THE SAME TIME, in other words I am channeling my inner Durga.) I felt validated and like we are finally getting somewhere with Brody. She picked up on the tone issue in his voice that sounds a bit off. She described it as a poor quality of voice. She actually said it sounds like there is an obstruction causing the poor quality of voice. She had me discuss what she observed with Brody's pediatrician and he agreed with her. Brody is set to see his Ear, Nose and Throat doctor in March and will be discussing having his tonsils and adenoids removed as well has having tubes put in his ears. Hopefully we will get this taken care of sooner than later and he can continue to develop normally. The speech therapist did pick up on the letters and sounds Brody has the most difficulty with and the correlation with high frequency hearing loss. It seems those sounds are in the high frequency and although he is attempting to say them, but is just having so much difficulty, it makes sense in that he can hear some high frequency (in one ear more than the other), but he can't hear it completely., thus causing the difficulty. All in all I just feel so happy to be getting somewhere with all of this.
I got to fill out the mound of paperwork that goes along with kindergarten registration this week. I can't believe my baby Nate is going into kindergarten!!! It just goes by so fast. Moms with children not in elementary school yet, it goes by SO fast. The thing is, once the enter the school system, you just have t pray you did everything you could to prepare them. This sounds depressing, because they are still your babies, but once the enter elementary school, they enter their new world. It is possibly more emotional for me this time around because I know how incredible a change it is. I won't even get started on the fact that when Nate enters kindergarten this also means Ty will be in his LAST year of elementary school. Yikes.
It is gorgeous out, and I am aching to get out for a walk, so I will bid you farewell. Hope everyone's weekends are enjoyed and fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com