Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fairy Garden Party

Keira's first birthday party was something I dreamed about for months before it occurred. This was my first party I have planned for a girl, and that was very exciting for me. I finally decided on a fairy garden party theme. I was inspired by Spring and and the flowers with a hint of shabby chic.Here's the amazing part of this whole thing. I pulled off this party spending around $50, including food. I lucked out with the whole Easter sale time frame. At Wal-Mart I found tablecloths, plates, cutlery, and napkins all marked down to 75 CENTS a package. They had great pink and green colors too, that went perfectly with my theme. I even splurged for one larger package of white plates with a beautiful pink flower in the corner for $1.50. I also picked up two packages of pastel colored Easter M & Ms, and made m & m cookies and put out a bowl of m & ms with the rest of the candy, and the bags were marked down to $1 each. Also in the Easter candy aisle were bags of pastel colored marshmallows, which I used to make colored rice crispy treats cut into butterfly shapes, again the bags were only $1.
I am a huge fan of The Dollar Store. Yes. I just admitted that. I love to stop in a browse. it's like the Target dollar aisle multiplied. The spring decoration were out, and I picked up some wonderful purple tissue paper flower garland and vases for flowers.At Jo-Ann Fabric I found some wonderful pink and green butterflies to string on my flower garland. The best part is that they were marked down 50% and I had an additional coupon to make them less than $4!I made my own cupcakes and cake for Keira, and had stocked up on cake mixes when they were on sale 2 or $1 at the grocery store. I made my own frosting. I kept things simple with snacks, and drinks.
I could not have pulled off the party without the help of some amazing people.
My dear friend Sarah at Abigail's Bake Shop created delicious, beautiful cookies, individually packaged which were given as favors to our guests. (Most of whom ate them before they left because they were just so good!) Sarah makes the most mouth watering baked goods and she has the ability to turn food into art.
I am lucky to have another friend who is artistically talented. Amiee makes beautiful birthday banners, among many other card crafts (and cute hair bows, and hats... just check out her ETSY site. She's FANTASTIC.) She worked with me and my requests to make this beautiful banner.
I have been inspired by what seems to be a trend of fairy themed parties, and one that I have admired was on The TomKat Studio. Thankfully Kim has an Etsy shop and sold the DIY printables which I used as cupcake toppers and to decorate the vases. (See photos above or below.)

Lastly, I was honored to have Stephanie of Stephanie Doyle Photography come to Keira's party.. Stephanie specializes in children and family photography and has an uncanny way of getting kids to warm up to her camera and capturing beautiful moments. Case in point, with all the cameras around Keira, somehow, Keira would look right at Stephanie and pose perfectly for her.Check out her website. Her photographs are beautiful. She has so graciously offered to take 10% off all print orders if they mention this blog. You can reach her through her website,
or call her
617-257-3502
or email her
stephylyn25@aol.com
Remember to mention Story Of Our Lives!
Here is some of her work.
Here are a few photographs she took from the party.
The FamilyThe cupcakes and cupcake toppers
Keira enjoying her cupcake
Keira and her Godmother, Victoria
And my personal favorite...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com