Monday, February 14, 2011

Days 115, 116, and 117

Weekend wrap up.

Okay well first off, I should tell you I have learned not to weigh myself a lot.  It makes me anxious, and once I do, I feel the need to weigh myself all the time, until I cut myself off because I get crazy.  You get the idea.  Viscous cycle kind of thing.

But after a good run last night at the gym I had to pee.  I couldn't hold it until I got home.  So I went to the bathroom.  And there was the scale, staring at me.  Taunting me.

I had weighed myself a week ago, and was not happy, because I was still 7lbs more than my lowest weight last summer.

So I caved and got back on and low and behold, 9lbs gone. Just like that.  I almost peeked my head in and told the person who was taking a shower because I was that excited.  I instead called Nathan, who said "shouldn't you weigh negative fifteen pounds by now, because you always tell me when you lose weight" to which I replied "That's just because I don't tell you when I gain weight back... what fun is that?  You are ruining my celebrating so I'm hanging up."

Then I called my fitness guru skinny friend Kristina to tell her the new workout schedule she has me on is working like a charm.  No more plateauing!

My mom made a calendar for the kids this Christmas.  She outlined the second Saturday of every month, and gave each kid a turn to have a special day with her, one by one.  This month was Nate's turn, and he was picked up Saturday morning, and returned Sunday morning telling me all about ice skating and going out to eat, and going to the movies.  He had a blast.  When my mom brought him back home, Brody was waiting, with his backpack on, a bag full of his pjs, new clothes, and his favorite toys, because he knows his turn is next.  It makes me happy to see how excited the kids get for this special day, and I love that they get to have their own time to shine.

Nathan has been turning his insomnia into hard work.  He finished my kitchen by finally (after almost 3 1/2 yrs) putting the chair rail up in my kitchen and painting the bottom half red.  His brother came over friday night and I made them chicken wings while they re-painted the walls and trim, patched spots that were damaged from when we first moved in, and generally just gave my kitchen a face lift.
It feels wonderful.
It's like getting a major jump start on spring cleaning.

We have already planned the other rooms, and I've said it before, and I'll say it again, throwing things away, and de-cluttering is the most freeing feeling.

The remodeling/repainting has taken up most of the weekend.


Keira has been wearing her "Gabba Gabba" undies during the day, at home for almost a week now.  She's getting mighty good at going potty.  I am hoping by her 2nd bday we'll be saying bye bye to diapers for good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com