Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Asian Tuna Patties

I have never posted a recipe here, and maybe it's a tad influenced by pregnancy taste buds, but this is one of the best recipes I have stumbled across in a long time. It was so good I feel the need to share. I will put down the recipe I used, and then after, explain how I slightly modified it. Even the boys liked it!!!

Asian Tuna Patties
2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 egg beaten
3/4 c dry bread crumbs
3 green onions, minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 c cornmeal
2 tablespoons veg. oil

In a large bowl mix tuna, egg, bread crumbs, green onions and garlic.
In a separate bowl mix soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil and pepper, then pour into tuna mixture and blend well.
Form the mixture into 6 patties, about 1 inch thick
Heat veg oil in skillet over med heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes each side or until golden brown.

Here are my modifications:
I eliminated the sesame oil, I used olive oil. I added a bit more teriyaki sauce, and a dash of sriracha sauce. I eliminated the cornmeal, my patties stayed firm. I also used a cast iron skillet, with a dash of olive oil, not veg oil. I made a bunch of mini-patties, not 6 large one. I figured this would be easier with the kids. I wrapped them in lettuce and served them with couscous.
I served them with little sides of soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. They were amazing!!! If you try them, let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com