Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...

I can not believe the year has gone by so quickly. Is it bad to say that every year? I have learned so much this year, and feel blessed to know that I have learned so much.
This past year Ty played on his first baseball team and was a shining star. He completed the first grade, and moved on to the second. Tyler grew so much in his reading (he now reads chapter books) and writing skills. He began and completed without compliant, his first season of football. Ty has grown so much, and I can see the man he will become beaming from his actions and words more and more each day. He is a patient (most of the time) brother. Ty has made such wonderful, thoughtful gifts for me and is such a special boy. I look forward to seeing him grow even more in 2009 and seeing all of the wonderful things in his world unlock and the doors open wide for him.
Nate, always "that child" has had a very healthy 2008, and I am so VERY thankful for that. At each birthday for him, we reflect on just how lucky we are to have him with us. I am so happy. For all of his quirks and for all the chaos that surrounds him, he is the most kind hearted child. Nate is a ball of energy that is contagious to all that encounter him. Nate has grown to be a big brother this year, and has dealt with the change seamlessly. Nate has learned each and every letter, recognizing and writing them. This is Nate's last year at home before he starts preschool full time, and then kindergarten, and I am grateful to know how quickly time flies by so that I can enjoy these moments with him.
We welcomed Brody into the world and our family just a little over a year ago. It is amazing to see his personality develop and to watch all the firsts occur. That never gets old. Brody is such an important part of our family's dynamic, and I can not imagine what life would be like without him here. In just a year he has melted my heart with his sweet nature and calm, loving disposition. To think in just a short year my baby has learned to sit up, roll over, stand, walk, talk, climb (and no I'm not talking about a dog) and love us. He was loved before he was born, but he shows us in his way every day how much he loves each and every one of us in our family. It astounds me to think in just a few months, he will be a big brother, a role I know he will embrace, because that is who is he is.
After 6 years together I still find new things I love about Nathan. We are not perfect, and I wouldn't want to be. We have had our moments this year, but I am grateful for them. Each argument has led to new understanding and new found appreciation. It has not been an easy year for Nathan, and I have seen him persevere. That is a quality that is so important when times get tough. Even though admittedly Nathan is not the world's most romantic guy, he shows me how much he loves and cares for me in his own way, and sometimes those ways mean more to me than extravagant displays of affection. I am grateful for another year with an amazing man. I will always count myself as one of the lucky ones. Relationships are not easy, and they only get harder with time and with every new stress and new addition to the family. I think it comes down to making the choice every day to let that other person know that despite everything you love them, that you still choose them. We have been through so much, and we have come out on the other side every time.
I look forward to a new year and new beginnings. I know this coming year will add only more craziness into our lives, but I also know we will face each challenge together as a family and I know there will be so many new, wonderful memories to be made. I have to say, I welcome the new year, and all the new experiences, good and bad, that it will contain. I look forward to seeing each of the children grow and change. I look forward to all the new life lessons I will learn.
I hope you all have had a wonderful 2008, and and even better 2009. Be safe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com