Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009...

I hope you all had great New Years celebrations. I baked cookies with the kids (and when I say baked, I mean I bought my new favorite, premade cookie dough called "Better Bakes" which are organic cookies and SO much better than regular ones. Try them!) and made dinner, Chicken fajitas. We ate early because I knew Brody would be going to bed early. When dinner was ready, Nate, who had been complaining all day of a stomach ache, was being particularly whiny and threw himself on the ground complaining again that his stomach hurt. I told him he had to eat something and it would make his belly feel better. It was at that moment that he started gagging and I asked if he felt like he was going to throw up, thinking to myself that maybe this was all an act to get out of eating so he could play longer, but within a few minutes I realized it wasn't. One more thing I'm thankful for as the kids get older is that they know to go to the toilet, aim, and usually hit the mark when it comes to throwing up. Poor Nate, Happy New Year buddy. We all relaxed together and played rapid fire Uno for the next 3 1/2 hours. Nate slept on the couch, his fever was quickly up to 101.2, so he had some medicine and pretty much fell fast asleep. After our tournament of Uno, we sent Ty to bed (it was almost 11 at this point) and Nathan carried Nate to bed and then Nathan and I curled up on the couch together. All in all a quiet, (sort of,) uneventful, (minus Nate being sick,) night. Best wishes to you all for the year ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com