Monday, January 12, 2009

Current Happenings

Hello

Here is what has been going on in our little world lately, for all those inquiring minds...

Last week was one of our busiest. Ty went back to school, and getting in the routine again is always a bit difficult, but he (and I) survived. Ty's workload has more than doubled now. He generally now has two math papers a night, one language arts, plus his reading log and any additional projects. Needless to say, lots of work for a second grader. He does well though, and his teacher gives the kids lots of incentives to earn "homework passes." Tyler has earned two in the past week. We are one week away from being done with The Tale of Despereaux, which we have enjoyed so much. We are reading the junior novelization, and it is perfect! I highly recommend it.
Nate started his storytime last Wednesday. This is his special time, and I'm so happy he has something like that to look forward to. Nate's storytime is almost an hour long and includes lots and lots of songs, a few stories, and a craft project. Last week he decorated mittens in honor of the story they read, "Three Little Kittens." He was so proud of his project.
Brody also has a storytime for his age group that is on Tuesdays. We unfortunately missed his first one last week. Brody had an audition for Lever soap, and despite us being one of the first ones there, we still waited 2 1/2 hours. This is not how auditions usually go, but since this was for a big campaign, people had travelled from all over to be there. When we left, the wait was almost 4 hours. He has another casting in another week. He will be starting his storytime today, and I know he will love it.
Friday I began my project of the week, getting everything ready in the nursery. All that really means, is going through the last two boxes (yes I am admitting I still had a couple of boxes) from our move, and clearing everything out so we are ready to set up the crib and bureau and other things for the baby. I am happy to say that I finished Sunday. I can't wait to get things ready (nesting kicking into high gear?) and I promise I will take pictures of the finished product. I have some decorative details I am really hoping to accomplish this week.
Friday night Nathan's older brother Jesse and his fiance, Brandie, flew in from San Fransisco. It is always great to see them. We definitely miss them a lot, and are always excited when they are back.
Saturday we celebrated Nathan's grandmother's 80th birthday. She was so surprised and there were so many people who travelled so far to celebrate the occasion. Nathan's mom, Sharon, did a phenomenal job decorating for the party. It was a snowflake/winter wonderland theme, and it was beautiful. I'm so happy we got to visit with the members of Nathan's family that we don't get to see too often, and most importantly, got to celebrate a woman who is well deserving.
Sunday we were snowed in for much of the day, but the kids and I trekked out in the new batch of fluffy snow and played for a VERY long time in it. Brody really enjoyed it this time, since he was in his sled and didn't have to try and maneuver his way around like a marshmellow trying to walk. The boys took turns pulling him in his sled and Brody was so happy to be included in everything with his big brothers.
We spent some more time with Jesse before he left to go back to San Fransisco last night. It is strange to think the next time he is home he will have a niece to meet.
Our schedule is jam packed in March (despite me telling everyone I can not guarantee anything for the month) and with February already short, plus a school vacation week and Nathan's mother's birthday, and January in my mind almost over (this is the most "down time" if you can even consider it that, that we'll have) I am slightly anxious over getting everything done in time. (Can you say nesting?)
I have made the decision to leave the hospital after a day. As much as I know the "break" would be great, as long as everything seems to be fine, I think I would much rather spend my time resting back home with everyone. My only exception to this is if I am lucky enough to have my stay during the weekend, in which case, since there are more people available to help out without missing work, I may consider staying the full two days. I will say this now, as I have been really thinking and planning a lot in the past few weeks, when I do come home, I am going to ask everyone to respect our privacy for a while and not stop by unannounced or even push for visits, or harass our phones. I know everyone means well, and I know you are all excited for the first girl, but despite the fact that we've done this quite a few times, adding yet another baby into our family is still an adjustment, and will be a big one for myself, Nathan, and all the boys. We will need our time to regroup as a family and fall into a routine. Same should be said about hospital visits. You know I love them , but I can't have a repeat of what happened with Brody. I ended up with freezing cold food and no time to myself to enjoy Brody. I am not saying I am not grateful for all of your good intentions, but when visitors come back to back to back, it is hard for me to feed the baby and have those private moments. All I ask is you call first, and please keep visits brief. I am not the kind of person that likes to ask people to leave, or say that now is not a good time, so this is in part why I am saying this now, and will again relay this when the time is closer. I really do appreciate you all respecting those wishes.
I hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the new year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com