Thursday, January 15, 2009

One of the Worst Days to Be a Mom

I am sick. I am can't-stay-too-far-away-from-the-bathroom sick. I briefly considered curling up on the bathroom floor last night to sleep, but quickly decided that was not a good idea because my bathroom is the coldest room in my house. I then considered sleeping in the playroom because at least it was across from the bathroom, but again decided against it because the comfort of my bed was worth going up and down the stairs all night. Not getting sleep when it is all your body wants and needs is hard. Not being able to rest during the day is even harder. If it were just the older boys, I would not have hard of a time today. Unfortunately lying on the couch is not feasible with a 14 month old. I napped when Brody napped today, but I woke up sick. Wonderful. Nate hung out and watched a movie while we napped on the couch. He also helped and got me water when I just couldn't get up. With the help I did have from him, and my brief nap I do feel lucky, but nothing, and I mean nothing can take the place of childless illness rehabilitation. I can only dream about those days when I was sick and could stay in bed all day... not have to feed little mouths or change diapers or function period. I miss the days when I could turn off the phone, the lights, shut the curtains and do what my body is telling me to do... sleep it off. For all you non parent people reading this, these are the little things to cherish, to not take advantage of. You should know what a ridiculously glorious freedom it is to be sick without children. Days like today make me want to wave the white flag, or hold my hands up, forming the big 'T' for a timeout. As the day winds down, and I am reluctantly thinking of what I can make the kids for dinner (that in turn will not make me run to my savior of the past 24 hours, the porcelain god,) I am at least comforted by the fact that in less than three hours, Brody will be fast asleep and I can crawl into bed, and hand over the reigns to Nathan. Single moms, more credit to you on your sick days. As for now, I must go, because I think my stomach is lurching yet again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com