Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sleep Deprived

I am cranky. I need sleep. Brody was awake until 2am and Nate woke up right around then running to the bathroom to throw up (and thankfully he has decent aim, because so I was told, it was a lot, but most went in the toilet). Nathan handled Nate while I attempted to get Brody back to sleep. I can function normally with one bad night's sleep, even two I can handle, but when it gets to three or four or five nights with barely four hours of sleep, I just break down. I would gladly pass my children off to someone and beg that person to watch them so I could sleep for a few hours, but since they are sick, that option is off the table. I can only hope that Brody takes a long nap today and the kids will sit quietly for a movie so I can take a pseudo nap with him. Nathan is working all day, so if you were wondering why he couldn't just watch them for me, that is your answer. My problem is, when Brody sleeps, I am either getting my second wind, and can't shut down enough to sleep, or feel guilty because there are too many things I want to get done around the house. I know I am complaining and whining, not the greatest blog entry ever, or most fun to read, but this is just how I feel at the moment. I am irritable and can't take it out on anyone, so I'm writing it and getting it out this way. On another note of things that annoy me, there are so many things I want to do, and I can't bend over normally anymore. This bothers me more than you can know. I miss bending. Yes, I am even complaining about being pregnant. I don't do well in the last trimester. Here is the brutal honesty. I feel claustrophobic, and I know that is a funny way to describe it, but I do. When my ribs and hip bones are being simultaniously jabbed it makes me realize just how much my body has been taken over and it makes me anxious and claustrophobic. In the beginning of the pregnancy, and really up to this point, I would tell you I am very done being pregnant, but could wait for the baby because I know how much more hectic my life will be, but at this point all that has flown out the window. I will gladly take on the craziness of adding the baby for my body and sanity back. Again, I apologize for my attitude. I am not one of those people who delight in pregnancy. The 2nd trimester is about the only time I enjoy it, so for those three months, you will get a happier Nicole. I still believe pregnancy is amazing, and I always think it is so cool that my body creates another life. I like knowing what is happening inside me, but trying to live an already fast paced life and having a globe sticking out from your middle, well it's not such an easy thing... not to mention the tiredness, nausea, aches and pains. And yes, obviously the end result is worth it all, but for now, give me moment to just be fed up.
Hopefully after a nap I will wake up on the right side of the bed.

1 comment:

Amiee said...

awww...Nicole! I hope your day got better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com