Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thus Far Today

Well let me start by saying... I got sleep! Yes! It's true!!! Nathan was so tired form working such a long day yesterday that we watched 24 (I will add more about this show in a minute) and we went to bed. I slept straight from 1030 to 710. It was a much needed miracle. I woke up this morning to an empty bed. Nathan had woken up bright and early and went out and got munchkins and hot chocolate for the kids and was already back by the time I got up. This in itself was shocking. I accomplished a lot of housework early this morning because I wasn't dragging my feet and rebelling against it all. I even, are you ready for this one, got to take a shower this morning! I'm telling you, shocking beyond all belief.
I got Brody ready and Nathan got Nate ready and I took the boys to Brody's storytime. I then had to rush out and go to Newton for an audition. This was for Hasbro's book. Every six months Hasbro holds an "audition" and they compile a book with all the kids' pictures and they use that book to cast any projects they have for the next six months. It is great because it saves us from going to ten different auditions in the next six months. When we were walking in a woman passing us said "Good luck, it's a mad house in there." I expected to be there for at least an hour when she said that, but when we walked in, they took us right away. We must have just missed a huge rush of people. I should probably play the lottery or buy scratch tickets today. I feel THAT lucky.
OK, maybe not THAT lucky. I just had to take a break from writing because Brody somehow got into a locked cabinet and pulled out cereal and dumped the whole box on the floor then dove into the spilled cereal and tried swimming in it. Not fun to clean up. But to put this in perspective, even that didn't even make me the least bit upset.
I am now in for the day, and have lots more to do. We will be getting another foot of snow dumped on us tomorrow. I can not stand the thought of being in the house with all the kids if it is even a little messy, so I need to make sure everything is spotless and organized today. My hopes are to take the boys sledding tomorrow, but at the very least I know we will be outside playing in it for a while. Nate has his storytime tomorrow and I'm banking on Nathan taking him so I won't have to bring all three of them to the library. (I'm saying all three because I am assuming Ty will not have school. He would have had a half day anyway, so I doubt they will make them come in.) I have my dr appointment on Thursday morning and will have my glucose test then also. I don't know how exactly this happened, but it has been 6 weeks since my last appointment. Six more weeks and they'll be checking to see if I'm dilated at all, and if the answer is yes to that, then we'll be headed in to the hospital the next time my doctor is on call. It is pretty overwhelming to think that Keira could be here at the very earliest 6 1/2 weeks. Yikes! If you noticed, yes I said Keira. It is official.
24. The show. I have watched it since Jack was first born in t.v. land. I am a faithful follower of the show. I still believe President Palmer was the best. I love Chloe, Tony, and Bill. I do miss Kim, and a few others that have been killed or otherwise throughout the seasons. I believe the past two seasons have been not up to the par that the previous years have been, but my Jack is BACK. So far this season has had all of the excitement and edge of your seat antics that first drew me in, and I could not be happier. We DVR all of our favorite shows and watch them at least a half hour after they started so we can fast forward through commercials (I know, it's sad, but we HATE commercials) and I swear it feels like we've only been watching ten minutes before that all to familiar clock starts ticking down the end of the hour. I enjoy talking about this show so much, and love anticipating who is going down and what is going to happen. I am a 24 junkie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com