Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back to Chaos

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
Washington Irving

It is official. We have NOT ONE weekend free from now until maybe sometime in April? This is even up in the air because we have yet to get Ty's baseball schedule, but games primarily run on the weekends.
*sigh*
Ah, life. The busy keep getting busier. Brody was very interactive today in his storytime. He clapped when he was supposed to and patted his knees in tune with the songs. What an interesting journey to watch him evolve. My baby is growing up.
After storytime I picked up a new gate to trap the boys, (I'm only half joking, of course) and made a secret visit to Target to get my four Valentine's some little surprise gifts for this Saturday. I got the older boys each a coloring book, a notepad (so they can stop asking me for paper all the time), and these little flying disc things. They'll be more excited for candy than anything else. I got Brody a few little board books, and one flip book, and some new tableware. Again, he will be much more excited for the candy. I got Nathan a pj set... he has wanted one for a while and I haven't found one that I really liked until today, better yet it was on sale! I also picked up a heart shaped cake pan (got to love the cheap $1 section of Target) for their Valentine's Day cake. I am making my boys dinner and am trying my best to incorporate what everyone loves into it.I have not found a recipe yet for baked, stuffed shrimp, so if anyone out there has one, please by all means pass it on! I am making this for Nathan. I am pretty sure I'm also going to make eggplant, a big salad and some other little snacks while the boys are waiting. The boys will be more excited for the cake than anything else. They'll eat just to get to the cake.
I signed up Brody and Nate for the next storytime session. I know it is sealing my fate of being busy with a newborn too, but I know I will want to be out of the house and the boys enjoy it so much.
Tonight I am going out with two of my favorite people, Kerrie and Victoria. Discount movie night is my new favorite thing to look forward to. We are going to see "He's Just Not That Into You", so I will let you know how it is.
Now I am off to the grocery store for survival foods for the next two days. I have to wait until Thursday to do the big shopping, and when I say big, I mean astronomical. I am currently coupon hunting/meal planning in all my spare time.
I will get to another update after my doctor appointment Thursday. I hope everyone's week is going well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com