Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nate Humor

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

I wasn't planning on writing today, but just thought I'd share some "Joys of Nate"... more for me, so I won't ever forget. (Parents out there, I find if you don't keep track of these little things, you will forget before you know it, and they are such good memories to hold on to.)
I should start by saying that Nate woke up very early this morning. He was up before 6am and Nathan found himself being poked in the forehead quite early. Nate, as I have said before, is a late sleeper, so we knew we were in for quite a day.
He actually, despite what we thought, did fairly well today. No real melt downs to report throughout the day, and I honestly thought we were going to get away with an easy day. Right before supper, Nate threw a ball at Brody and knocked him over. I dealt with the situation, or so I thought, but as soon as I was done talking to him, he threw it at Ty. This time I put him into a time out, which he refused to go to. I had to pick him up and place him on the stairs. He of course was screaming and yelling at me. I was just finishing up dinner when all of this was happening, so I went back to the stove. Nate however, from the stairs, yelled that he no longer liked me and was going to pack his bags and run away. I said ok, if that is what you feel like you have to do, we'll miss you though. He then said "well I won't miss you."
Nice one Nate. I then said it was time for dinner and said "Too bad you're missing it Nate." Nate then replied, "Well I'm not running away yet, I'm running away AFTER dinner."
I thought this was funny, and couldn't help but laugh. It was a good thing he was upstairs and couldn't see me laugh. I then explained to him that I wasn't going to give him dinner if he didn't like me anymore and was running away. He quickly told me that he was sorry and he loved me and wasn't running away anymore. Isn't it so true, most things can be fixed with a good meal? Or, the way to a man's (or in this case, boy's) heart is his stomach.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com