Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lazy Saturday

"We never know the love of our parents for us until we have become parents."
Henry Ward Beecher

I fully plan on doing as little as possible today. I'm refusing to do much cleaning until the kids are asleep. I swept and mopped not once, not twice, but three times yesterday. I also did four loads of laundry, and when I brought my last basket up, excited to be finished, I found, much to my horror, that my dog had somehow in the 15 minutes the basket was outside the door, climbed in it and peed on all the clean clothes. This is so out of character for her, and at 9pm, it was the last thing I wanted to deal with. It was quite discouraging. Brody was up early this morning, and I didn't sleep well last night. My best friend, heartburn, was really wanting to spend time with me. Nathan left for work at 630 this morning, so I have the kids all to myself. I plan on putting a movie on for the older boys and napping with Brody in a few hours and then taking a Target trip... only to return a curtain rod Nathan deemed "way too girly" (it's not) and to get a "less girly" one.
Tomorrow we are getting our third kitchen table in a year. Nathan's parents bought a new table, and we are taking the one they have now. It is a beautiful, big, round table, that we will all fit comfortably at for years and years to come. We are also getting the baby's dresser, and I may even convince Nathan to set up the crib. At the very least the crib box will no longer be on my porch, and will be up in the nursery. Yes, I promise I will post pics of the nursery once it is set up.
That is it for now... I'm going to go enjoy (if the kids let me) this day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com