Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Start of February Vacation Week

"Affirming words from moms and dads are like light switches. Speak a word of affirmation at the right moment in a child's life and it's like lighting up a whole roomful of possibilities."
Gary Smalley

It is now Tuesday morning. We didn't have too much going on yesterday, which was mostly nice. By the end of the day I was kicking myself for not sending the boys for laps around the yard, but it's okay. I survived day one of February Vacation week. I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday morning and sent the boys outside to play. I watched from the window as Ty and Nate ran and slid through mud and ice, and told Nathan that I am now sure boys are just a different breed. Brody and I read and read and read 3 or 4 books over and over and over again. I even got a bit of release and went for a nice long walk around the lake with Kerrie in the afternoon. I should start off by telling you that for the past few days now I have been having some pretty major braxton hicks contractions. Sunday they were so bad that they were actually waking me up from sleeping. I'm not getting any more than 3 or 4 an hour, but not any less than that either. When I say that walking around the lake jump started a whole new set of them, that would be a bit of an understatement. They were basically non stop. To be very honest and blunt, my pelvic bone has taken the beating of it's life. Yes, I waddled all last night because I was so sore. I am sure I will put myself into labor walking the lake now, and am committed to not walking it alone anymore. It's a good thing it is still not quite warm enough to walk it every day.
I can feel my body preparing more and more, and have had my nesting instincts kick into high gear. I have been sweeping my floors four times a day.
We have another quiet day today and am debating on taking the kids out to some inevitably packed facility that will make me want to pull my hair out in ten minutes. On the other hand, I may also do crafts with the kids and send the boys out to play for a while. I wish the playgrounds were void of snow.
33 weeks and counting...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com