Sunday, March 8, 2009

On the Mend

"They say that blood is thicker than water. Maybe that's why we battle our own with more energy and gusto than we would ever expend on strangers."
David Assael, "Northern Exposure" 1993

After a full week of nursing the two youngest boys back to health, they are finally better, or close enough to better. We cancelled all activities last week so the boys could fully rest. I lysol-ed and bleached my house to kill all germs lingering Thursday night and Friday. Friday night we had a Mexican Food themed pot luck dinner with a few close friends. I was also surprised by some new baby gifts from them, which was so thoughtful and very much appreciated. Saturday I sent the older boys with my mom and took Brody with me to Rhode Island to my friends' daughter's 2nd birthday party. We had a great time! We crashed VERY early Saturday night (730 to be exact), so I was well rested and didn't miss that lost hour of sleep. The boys and I went for a nice walk around the lake today and even got to stop at the mini park because there was no snow! We then did a bit of shopping and I got caught up on laundry... a productive day if I do say so myself.
Hope you're all doing well! We have a few more appointments this week, and I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com