Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pictures and Illness

"It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea."
Dylan Thomas
We are recovering form a good foot or more of snow that was just dumped on us the past two days. Ty was happy to have the day off from school yesterday, and the boys enjoyed playing out in the fresh snow. (Lets hope this is the last batch of snow for the year though!)
Brody, although previously I thought was doing better, came down with a really bad cough and runny nose and back to a low grade fever. He is having a hard time sleeping. Since I was snowed in yesterday, I couldn't take him to the doctor, but I made him an appointment first thing this morning. Nate woke up around 930, and as soon as he came downstairs I knew he was sick. He has pink as can be cheeks, a scratchy voice, and a bad cough. I immediately called the doctor back and asked if there was an appointment around the same time as Brody's. There wasn't. Thankfully our doctor and his main nurse are amazing, and she "put a little whisper in his ear" that we were coming back in a few hours, so he just checked Nate out at Brody's appointment also. We are pros at doctors visits, and the kids' doctor knows them so well that we get through things very quickly. Brody walked into the chair at the doctor's office and dented his head a bit (nothing an ice pack couldn't fix) and I joked with the nurse that he will be lucky to get through life without some sort of brain damage. She laughed and agreed. I should mention that Brody didn't even cry, but trust me, this is a visible boo-boo.
Brody was definitely wheezing a lot and since he has no history of asthma, the doc thinks it is just part of a terrible cold. (Thank you again, Monkey Joe's.) Because he still has a touch of diarrhea, he didn't want to put him on any meds and upset his stomach even more, something I agree with. Nate on the other hand, has already developed some junk in his lungs (any cold does this to poor Nate) and has to start his breathing treatments 3 times a day. He advised me to give Brody them as needed, when he sounds really bad and is having a coughing fit. Wish us luck that we can get this cleared up asap. If you are wondering Ty has the world's best immune system and gets sick only once every two years or so. The kids have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and Ty has a field trip to go see the play The Wizard of Oz. Nathan also has his first physical therapy appointment tomorrow. Busy as always!The boys crowded around the DS for a game session
Ty and Nate
Brody smiling at Ty
Nate-o smiling, although he is really sick

35 weeks and my freak show of a belly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com