Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ultrasound 3/24


Hello
I am 38 weeks along now, just 2 weeks away from my due date. I had my ultrasound this morning to measure the fluid and estimate the baby's weight. I also had her do a check to make sure we were once again indeed having a girl... we still are. I didn't want any April Fool's Day surprises!
The fluid around the baby was fine, and she was a bit squirmy, so it was somewhat difficult to get a good measurement, but they said they think she is measuring at 7lbs exactly right now, right on target. She said it's actually the 67th percentile, so just a bit above average for how far along I am. They get this "guess-timate" by measuring the circumference of the head and stomach. Her head was very far down and although we couldn't really get a good glimpse of her face, she briefly turned a bit, enough to see she had chubby little cheeks.
All in all everything went really well. I'm still having contractions every night like clockwork, and am up most of the night with them. I have my appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon to check for dilation and discuss what the course of action will be. My hopes are that I can wait it out until Keira is ready to come on her own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com