Friday, June 5, 2009

Done For Now

Hello
Thank you all for your good thoughts, yet again. Today's audition was more like a typical audition. There were lots of people (while I was there only 7-10 other girls reading for the same part as me) and then there were a BUNCH of other roles being read for. They were running about an hour and a half behind schedule. It's hard sitting that long. you don't want to over think a script too much, and it was the same script I had earlier this week, so I felt good about it. I tried not to listen to the girls who were reading the same part as me. I could only hear them if they yelled (auditions are behind closed doors) and it is a mental psych out to hear them. Everyone there today was really good. I finally had my turn, and it was with the same woman who I auditioned for this week. This time I was fitted with a microphone (mini clip on kind) and battery pack and had to do my slate, which is basically just saying your name and I had to give my height. I then read the first scene sitting down, and the casting director, without telling me ahead of time she was going to do this, improvised at the end of the scene. (I was not reading from script since I had it memorized.) It threw me for a second, but I improvised back. We then did another scene and again improvised after what the script had written. I felt even more confident about that one. All in all I would say it went well. I feel like I did the best that I could and both the casting director and sound guy said I did a great job. My tape now goes to L.A. where the director and casting director on that coast will decide the fate of all of us who auditioned today.
I am very content with whatever happens. Obviously I would love to get the part, but it was also really fun being back in the scene for this week. It was something for me, and as I'm sure you can understand, there is very little me time, or me moments anymore. If anything else in renewed my love for acting, and it made me feel special and broke up the monotony that life can become when it is lived solely for your children. That is not a bad thing, living for your children, but it is nice to remember who you were pre children. I'm not sure if what I am trying to say is coming across the right way.
Thank you for all of your support. I will of course let anyone know if I hear anything. (I will not hear anything at all if I don't get it.)


ok, ok, the role is for one of Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale's sisters in their new movie. But now that you know, let's not bring it up again. I am trusting you Story Of Our Lives readers to be discreet. I don't want it broad casted anymore than this. (Thank you for understanding.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com