Friday, June 26, 2009

First Week of Summer Vacation

We have (barely) survived the first week of summer vacation. It rained almost every day, but we were finally able to go spend time at the park yesterday. We met up with my friend Jackie, and her three kids. The boys were SO happy to be out and able to play. I even packed a lunch so we could get full use of the outdoors. Today I am getting some cleaning done and a little baking before we head out to run some errands and I go to the park yet again.
I started to go to the gym again this week, but took it easy, only going twice, to slowly get my body back into the swing of things. Nathan has offered to watch the kids this weekend though, so I can get one extra day in.
I was also able to go to my friend Leah's house to hang out with some friends for a little wine and good conversation. It is so nice to be able to get out like that and hang out with other moms. It is MUCH needed for sanity.
Tonight we are having a mini potluck/game night that is a bit last minute, but I wanted to have one before baby Kai makes his appearance into the world (any day now!) and before Kerrie heads off to Europe and we get bogged down with more activities. We always have so much fun.
On another note, all this rain has done WONDERS for the growing of our grass. Looking down on the lawn, its looks like someone came and spray painted it green. All the baby grass has sprouted up rapidly and we are beyond excited that we will (hopefully) have a gorgeous GREEN, GRASS-FILLED lawn to enjoy in another month or so. The boys are very excited about this too.
My mom is on vacation next week, and we have a few adventures planned with the kids that I am so excited for.
Keira will be three months old next week, Ty leaves for Florida in a week and a half, Nate starts soccer camp in three weeks, and Brody is learning to listen to us more and more (those were updates in a nutshell.)
Will post pics and update soon!
Pray for sun!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com