Friday, August 28, 2009

Dear Keira

My dear, sweet, baby Keira,
You are 20 weeks old! In mommy talk that is 5 months, but I don't call you 5 months until the actual day that you were born. You have been such a blessing in our house and lives. You are quite possibly the most content, joyful baby we have had. You fill our hearts (yes EVEN your brothers!) with so much happiness and love that I could not even begin to describe it in words. You still have gorgeous blue eyes, but even as I write that, I know I should not use the color blue. They are more like a royal purple with a dash of blue. Your hair, although darker when you were born, has now, I noticed this morning, really started to come in a blonder color. It reminded me of the color of a bright summer sun, just setting in the evening. It is beautiful. You, like your brothers, have the same long lock of hair at the crown of your head. But you, in making sure you stand out, also have a long lock on the right side of your head, and you have kept your hair in the back, aside from a perfect line in the mid-back of your head. Your skin, you lucky little girl, is brown as can be. I like to tell your daddy that Buppa (Daddy's most admired and loved grandfather, your great grandfather) gave you a kiss and sent you down to us with his coloring as a gift. You now roll over both ways, and can push yourself up onto your hands, arms straight. You still love playing with your feet. Your brothers adore you. In fact, you have now become the center of a few arguments with them, mainly over who gets to kiss you first, or hold you first. Your brother Brody kisses you from sun up to sun down. He calls you Ra-Ra which has become a bit of a nickname. Your brothers also call you Kiki, so we'll have to see name wins out with them. You love watching them play, and I know it will be all too soon that you will be joining them.
Last night, after great debate, we decided to try to give you a little cereal. You have been back to keeping mommy up at night every two or three hours, so we thought maybe this would make you sleep. I surprised myself by getting very emotional about this. It's just that you are my baby, and my last baby, and it was like mourning the loss of your infancy. I know this sounds very silly, because you are so young, but it was a sign of you growing up, moving on, and it just made me sad. Maybe you sensed this because you were not a fan of eating. I should tell you this is one thing daddy loves. Not you not liking the food, but the feeding. He has been the first one to feed you all your first food, and he really enjoys getting to do that. He got you into your bumbo seat, put the tray on, and gently fed you your first bite. We thought you liked it at first, but you gagged the next few, and lost interest. I tried holding you and feeding you, and you chomped on the spoon a few times, but you wanted no part of actually eating. No, it didn't help you sleep longer either. Secretly I was happy you didn't want to eat. Next time maybe we both will be ready for it.
Keira you are everything we dreamed of and more. You have added a unique softness to your father and brothers that is fascinating for me to see. We are so lucky to have you. I hope you feel the same. We love you so much, my sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com