Thursday, August 27, 2009

Current Happenings

Hello!
First off I would like to again wish my dad a Happy Birthday! We all miss you!!! (And we miss you too Carla!)
I hope everyone's "end of summer" time is going well, and you are enjoying the inevitable onslaught of bbq's and pre school mania (or for some back to school mania.) Ty starts school this coming Wednesday and it is coming up very quickly on us! We are going to get everything ready this weekend, so we can enjoy the last two days, stress free. Nate does not start school until September 26th, so he has another month to go. I can not believe the summer, that I thought at points would never end, mostly that was during our month plus of straight rain, has finally come to an end.
We had an awesome visit with one of my dear friends, April this week. She is visiting the majority of the east coast, from where she is currently getting her PhD. at Stanford University in California. April is Ty's godmother, so he gets extra excited to see her. It was really nice being able to see her.
We have also spent two days at Breakheart this week with Nathan's sister Meryl, and her kids. The boys have all had so much fun together. Nate finally learned to swim underwater! He is so proud of himself! (And we are SO proud of him.) Who knew all it would take was eye goggles! (Not even the ones that cover your nose.) Keira and Brody enjoyed the water as well. I am just so grateful to have a place practically in my backyard that we can go for the day and enjoy the weather, stay cool, and have fun. It makes me excited for next year when Keira will be able to run around and learn to swim herself.
We have another packed weekend, but I'm trying to let go of the stress in the chaos, and try to fin the fun in the chaos. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com