Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mini Vacation

We had such a great time on our mini vacation. The drive down was a little rough. We ended up in dead stopped traffic for about 40 minutes, when we were only 3 exits away from our exit. Yuck. But we got to the zoo , ate lunch right away (before we went in) and it was smooth sailing from then on. When we got there, we went to a bird show, and all of the boys got the hold a bird. We then made our way to the petting zoo, where Brody and I had goats surrounding us... and they wouldn't leave! It was a bit much, so we tried to distract them to go see some baby pigs. They were SO cute! We spent a long time with some monkeys, who were very interested in us as well. Any time someone talked, the monkey would turn it's head to that person. We had so much fun at the deer forest and everyone fed the deer. It was so peaceful there, and the boys really got a kick out of it. We watched the elephant show and then the boys got to ride the elephant. I told them I hope they know how lucky they are that they have gotten to ride a camel and an elephant in one summer! We all had so much fun, but it was hotter than Hades Sunday, so we called it a day (trust me we saw EVERYTHING at the zoo) and had dinner at the 99's. The kids all ate tons of food, and had enormous oreo cookie brownie things for dessert... and they ate those too. We then checked into our hotel, which was so nice, and changed into swimsuits and went to the pool. We were the only ones there, and it was nice to cool off. Keira LOVED the pool, and let me put her on her back in it and by the end, was on her belly, holding onto my hands with hers. Brody even came in the pool and did really well (much better than usual.) We got changed in pjs and then went to the drive in. G Force was cute, but I ended up walking around for a while to get Brody to go to sleep, so I missed a good amount. I guess if that is the price I had to pay for him not having a pacifier, it is a pretty minor one. Once he was asleep I felt like crashing, but somehow managed to stay awake and watch G.I. Joe. Nate fell asleep in the very beginning, and Ty fell asleep mid way through. I tried to convince Travis to go back to the hotel, but he was having no part of it. It was better than I thought it was going to be, the movie I mean.
We all passed out pretty quickly when we got back to the hotel, and had a great night's sleep. We woke up the next morning, ate breakfast at the hotel, and hit the pool again before heading home. All in all, we had such a great time and I am so thankful we got the chance to do it. It was nice to be home too. Vacations, even mini ones, are still lots of work! Man my legs and arms are sore!!!
We are taking a break from the heat today and getting some more cleaning done. I am taking Brody to get his pictures taken early this afternoon, before we have to come back and get ready for football. We even get to have a special visit from Auntie Kerrie tonight.
Tomorrow we are going to visit my Aunt Jean at her beach house in Rockport, a trip we always look forward to every year.
Stay cool!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com