Sunday, August 16, 2009

We've Been Busy

As you all know football season is upon us, and I think I underestimated how draining it is just to find the routine that is going to work... we still, 2 weeks in, have yet to do that. Maybe I'll figure it out before the season is over.
Friday night we saw my brother, Travis's debut in the Backyard Broadway Theater's performance of Beauty and the Beast. Travis had the role of Gaston, and he did great. We hung out by the back so if the babies got loud, I got sneak out. They actually did great. Brody was a bit loud towards the end, but he was trying to sing along and howl like the wolves in the play, so it was kind of funny.
We didn't get home until 930 or so, and got the kids in bed and Nathan and I watched "I Love You, Man." It was SO funny. We had to get up bright and early yesterday morning to get ready for Nathan's family's annual softball game in Northboro. It was a hot one, but we had a lot of fun with all of Nathan's family. After the game, we went back to his uncle's house and the kids swam in the pool and everyone played and ate and hung out. I think Nathan and I were walking zombies by the time we got home. It was only 630, but we were both ready for bed. The kids, who had napped on the car ride home, were not. I gave Brody and Keira a bath and got them dressed and took them with me to the grocery store. We attempted to get the kids in bed by 8, but Brody, who is now 5 days without the pacifier, would not stop climbing out of his crib and was having no part of bed time. After our 26.2 miles we accumulated climbing up and down the stairs, Nathan and I gave up, and decided we were going to bed, and let Brody fall asleep with us before moving him into his crib. I should have mentioned while Brody was doing his training for his future job as an escape artist, Keira was screaming from gas pains, so Nathan and I were literally handing her off, while the other brought Brody back to bed, then switching again. Quite fun after a long day in the sun. Jealous yet?
I am now up early getting things ready for our trip to Southwick's Zoo for the day. We rented a hotel for the night, so after the zoo we are going to check in, let the kids swim in the pool, eat dinner and get in pjs before going to the drive0in movie theater. On this subject I have to say... bring back drive-ins! For $20 for the whole car load of us we get to see TWO movies, bring our own snacks, relax, let the ones who fall asleep, do that, there are just so many benefits! In this economy, a cheap family outing is a gold mine! We are seeing G Force for the first movie, and G.I. Joe for the second. Monday before we check out we will let the kids swim some more before our long ride home and football practice. And yes, we have another jam packed week and weekend this coming week. One more thing to add, Keira has now rolled from her back to her belly. FINALLY! She would get herself stuck on her side forever. I'll upload pictures as soon as I can. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com