Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hit by a Truck

It is just after two when I am writing this, and I have been going strong since 6am. That is, until now, because I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Exhaustion is washing over me at such an accelerated rate, I can not think straight. By 8:30 this morning I had already completed 3 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it back up, swept, mopped the wood floors, swept again after Brody thought dumping his cereal on the ground was a fun game, gotten all the kids and myself ready for school/the day and headed out the door. I was blasting Coldplay, Radiohead and Muse throughout my house to keep me going this morning, instead of giving into my inner desires to curl up on the couch and tune into my DVR to watch last night's Heroes.
After dropping Nate off, I went grocery shopping, and then headed back to Nate's school to do an apple print painting activity with the kids, and holy hell, I was there for only two hours but it felt like ten. One boy who shall not be named, really liked screaming in my face "My hand is BLUE, my finger is BLUE, I have a BLUE finger" all while putting the hand/finger a mere centimeter from my eyeball.
Meanwhile another little girl, decided placing the apples in the paint wasn't good enough, so she put her hands, arms, and every reachable surface around her in paint as well. I repeated the phrase "We are not fingerpainting, we are making apple prints" about 30 times before I said "Ok, looks like you are done now!" and rushed her off to clean up.
I am now home enjoying the "quiet" of the kids playing/screaming before I start cleaning round two, and do it all over again, and start the evening chaos of homework/snacks/football and trying to get the rest of the kids presentable before going out to dinner with Nathan's family. Have I mentioned this is an insanely busy week for us?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com