Saturday, December 19, 2009

About that...

I am feeling abandoned as I am writing because Keira is no longer content in crawling around the toy/computer room, and she immediately crawled off to find her brothers.
I didn't get to mention that I have recently started actually using my prescribed inhaler (suddenly my asthma has made itself front and center in my life, because I obviously needed something else to worry about.) The side effect of using the inhaler is that for about a good chunk of time after I use it, I feel like I have been given a shot of adrenaline and am like wonder woman. Or maybe wonder woman if she was all shaky from too much caffeine or something. To put it in perspective, after dropping off Nate at school yesterday morning, I came home and had 4 hours to start my baking of cookies, make a double recipe of chicken, broccoli and ziti, and make a wonderful pumpkin dip (and the dip was an "if I get to it that would be great" item, that I know could hold off until morning.) My mom stopped by with some ornaments for the kids. I had just used my inhaler and well, before I knew it, less than an hour later, I had completed around 40 sugar cookies, made that double recipe of chicken, broccoli and ziti and finished the pumpkin dip. I also packaged everything up, so my mom could take it with her, cleaned up, and hung the new ornaments, AND did a load of laundry. In fact when I was done, I went back and made another big batch of cookies for our house and for our new neighbors. Honestly, I am a self confessed master multitask-er, but even I was shocked when I was done. I should mention that Brody and Keira were both home, awake, and yes I was taking care of them, which included holding them each intermittently. I'm not a coffee drinker, and have been weaning myself off of diet coke (which is a WHOLE other subject.) Who knew using an inhaler would turn into this?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com