Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spring oh Spring

Winter blues have set in. Cabin fever have taken over. HELP! Spring, I need you. I need my yard to not be soaked in slush, or iced over. I long for green grass and light jackets and sweatshirts. My mud room has been taken over by gloves and mittens and hats and boots and snowsuits and I look at the bin they belong in and curse it, and think about just putting it all down in the basement until next time.
I spend free time looking up kid friendly hiking trails (something I am vowing to take up this year, so hold me to it.) I question my Eastern roots this year in a way I never have before. Why is this winter so darn difficult to get through? Is it because we were robbed of our summer with two months plus of rain? I'm thinking that is the answer.
To stay sane, I am wondering, what are some things you and your family do to beat these winter blues? I am especially interested in low cost/no cost ideas. Museums and play areas are fun, but you can only do them so many times. Let me hear the creative, interesting stuff!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com