Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Excitement in the Clan

As most of you know, I was a born actress. Eat, sleep, cry, bleed, live acting. Since my professional career (despite a brief week of excitement) is on a foreseeable hiatus, I naturally find that the environment if confidence boosting and fun for my children. This does not mean I force them into this business. In fact, I feel it's the opposite. I expose them to something interesting and if they don't like it, cool we're done. It was fun while it lasted. I did work while pregnant with Ty, and went on a few audition with him when he was younger. Nate has done work for Hasbro (Helmet Heroes toy to be exact) and Brody was signed to an agency in Boston at 6 months old and has gone on more calls than I can begin to count. Now before you whip out the judging thoughts, here is my stand point. If they're not into it, we're out. I have left auditions before because Brody was just not in the mood. Oh well, it happens, I'm not forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do. My other (and main reason) is future, future, future. College is only getting more expensive every year, and if I can give my kids a leg up, and a decent savings account to start out with, well by golly I'll do it. I'm not forcing them into child labor or anything. They go somewhere, play with a cool toy that's not out yet, have people fuss over them and do everything in their power to get them to smile and laugh (I could write a whole post about baby wranglers alone) and it is a very pleasant experience. With that said, I have debated doing this with Keira for a long time, since I knew I was pregnant really.
Why, when I have just explained how great I think it is did I question it? Well, it is time consuming. A lot of auditions you only have a couple of days notice. There have been times we have been called the night before. There can be traveling, and you are not guaranteed a job.
My decision finally came after updating Brody's pictures last week. I figure if I am going to be making the casting call rounds with him, and Keira will be in tow anyway, why not get her involved as well. The only change I made, was signing her to a different agency. This has nothing to do with Brody's agency. I love them, and have had nothing but good experiences with them. The agency I signed Keira to does a bit more film and commercial work, rather than a print based clientele. They also do some international work.
After over a year of debate, I am so happy with my decision. Keira has an appointment for pictures this weekend. Once those are in, it is a waiting game. I hope you join me in wishing her well on this new adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What agency did you use for Keira?

Nicole said...

Cameo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com