Friday, January 29, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Thank you Beetles and Mastercard, because this song is permanently stuck on my mouth and brain. Although I will say it is fitting for this post.
Yesterday while the older boys were in school, Brody, Keira and I headed to Playtown Express.
We met two very dear friends and their children there. I got to meet the newest addition to one friend's family (who is handsome and gorgeous and just perfect), and she also has a son around Brody's age (who is again, handsome and gorgeous and just perfect, oh and boy can he dance!) Brody, although a bit overwhelmed at first, really loved playing here. My other friend is a former roomie from college and the owner of Abigail's Bake Shop.
Although we don't live super close, we try to meet and catch up frequently, and I have come to really look forward to those times. There is nothing like spending time with an old friend and picking up right where you left off. There is a comfort level that has already been built over the years and that is something that is very difficult to obtain with just anyone. It has been so fun to see each others children grow and change. Sadly (for me) Sarah and her family are moving (but we are wishing you the all the happiness in the world!) I will miss our lunches so much!!!
I came home to finish up some cleaning, and Nathan picked up the boys in the evening to run some errands. I again got to visit with my best friends. I brought Keira to her first playdate with Mr Kai. Although they have been around each other a lot, they have surprisingly never just hung out and played. They. Were. So. Cute. I would now like to take this opportunity to thank my friends for producing a ridiculous crop of boys. I mean maybe I am biased, but I think they are some of the most handsome boys I have ever seen. Keira is one lucky girl!
The other part of our trio (the Summer Sisters we call ourselves, myself, Victoria and Kerrie) joined us, and again, it just feels like home. That comfort that is so tangible you want to curl up in it and stay. It was such a great day, and I truly believe spending time with close friends is sometimes all you need to regroup, refocus, and feel refreshed. It is REmarkable. (I had to stick with the re theme.)
Thank you Andrea, Sarah, Victoria and Kerrie for making yesterday so enjoyable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com