Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hello Stomach, I'd Like to Eat Now

Silly me, I thought I could eat a piece, ONE BITE SIZE PIECE of pineapple yesterday. It was my first attempt at food in two days. Well that backfired miserably. Although I no longer feel like I'm on my death bed, my stomach would beg to differ. Or maybe it is telling me it's time to lose the baby weight, and wants to give me a jump start in the process. Seriously folks, 9.7 lbs in three days. Losing water weight can be my only silver lining in this whole fiasco. In all truthfulness though, I really want to eat.
Amidst the audible screaming my stomach has been doing these past few days, we did have one piece of excitement. Keira decided yesterday to walk! She is right on target with Nate who also walked the week he turned 10 months old. Keira was cruising around the coffee table, which was pushed in the middle of the living room, and I was laying on the couch. Keira spotted my phone and low and behold the girl just walked over to me! I thought at first I was delirious and may need to call 9-1-1, so I decided to test my sanity and pushed through the agony to move, and put her back to the coffee table, went back to the couch, held up my phone, and the girl did it again! We've known Keira was capable of walking for a few weeks now, we would only allow her to touch, no longer hold on to a finger of ours while walking, but man Keira is cautious. If there is one personality trait I could use (okay well this may not be the one, but one of the many I could us) it would be cautious. She is concerned with her family's activities (some may call this nosy, but I say concerned because she furrows her brow while searching for or observing them.) Keira also seems to be a worrier by nature. She is always cautious, and worries about falling, or the possibility of getting hurt. I know it seems insane to read all of this into a ten month old, but it's SO true. Keira has never attempted to crawl off a couch or my bed (yes as a mother I know we should avoid these things anyway, but babies usually don't perceive depth. Keira will look at the edge, and back away.) Maybe this is a girl thing. I have only been exposed to loud, daring, active, rough and tumble boys, and I have been conditioned by them for almost nine years. Oh my, I have been a mother for almost an entire DECADE. Well after that revelation and at my stomach's insistence I'll end cut this short. Damn gatorade.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com