Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back to Back to Back

I apologize for my infrequent and lackluster posts lately. I have been on the go times a thousand. As I mentioned yesterday, all three boys had dentist appointments yesterday and we quite literally took over the dentist's office. I do have to say, the highlight for me was how wonderfully Brody behaved, and how he simply just sat in the chair, mouth open, ready for his cleaning. Dental health is extremely important to me, and despite a tentative last visit from Nate, I am proud to say my kids love going to the dentist. The juggling act I had to do while actually there was something that could have landed me in Ringling Bros.
After our rendezvous at the dentist we came home for what seemed like an eternity because the boys were not allowed to eat and of course. In reality it was only an hour before they could eat lunch before we were out the door to the doctor's office. Keira has been wheezy and I thought it should be checked. As I mentioned yesterday, Brody somehow hurt his ankle, in what I thought was just a mild sprain, but again, wanted it checked to be on the safe side. Two hours and me developing a slight head tick later, we were done. Keira is on a neb for the next week or so, Brody's xrays didn't show a break, (it was a sprain like I thought) so we were good to go. We came home and I quickly prepared dinner and did the daily list of dishes, floors, laundry, etc before I rushed out to a policy council meeting for Nate's school. I finally got home around 8:30 last night, kissed the boys, put Keira to bed and CRASHED.Flash forward to today, with dodging torrential downpours and floods, Brody's appointment at Children's, a tutu order to be filled, and another night jam packed. This time it is for Pop Warner (since I have SO much free time, I joined the pop warner board this year.) football registration. Three whole hours of registering football players. I get to repeat this next week too! (Tonight is just for returning players, new players are next week.) I do love being able to catch up with parents I don't get to see throughout the year though. It is always nice to see familiar faces and see how much the boys have grown, and MAN do they grow fast!How was Brody's appointment? Really well to be exact. It has been roughly 6 weeks since Brody's last ear infection, so I was already of the mindset that tubes may not be necessary. The ENT agreed, and it's a wait and see situation. His tonsils were larger, but not huge, another plus. His adenoids were medium to large, and she said that this could actually be the cause of the negative pressure in Brody's ears. She said when the adenoids swelled, they put pressure on the ear canal. However, summer is a "down time" if you will for colds and sinus infections, and the adenoids don't swell as much, so she thinks we'll reassess in the fall and see how he's doing. IT COULD BE SOMETHING HE CAN GROW OUT OF. Although in her expert opinion, he will definitely need them out before the age of five. But there is that chance. I'm praying on that chance. I believe in that chance.
I may be crucified by New Englanders for this one, but I am somewhat grateful for the rain these busy days (no I'm not a masochist, I don't enjoy running around in the rain,) because I think having such a jam packed schedule would depress me more if it was keeping me from the sunshine. I am gratefully looking forward to the weekend and the warm weather and sun, and our marathon birthday schedule the next week. (ready for bold, big print again?) AND FOR PREPARING FOR KEIRA'S FIRST BIRTHDAY/BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!Reminisce with me if you will, to last year. I had to jump back away from my screen just to see my whole, lovely belly!
I am more emotional about Keira turning one, because I know she will be my last baby. This is my last first birthday party to plan, but it is also the start to so many wonderful more memories to come.
with Ty and Keira at the basketball banquet

Brody at the dentist

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com