Thursday, March 25, 2010

No More Nate-Os Jumping On The Bed

Have I ever told you the story of Nate getting stitches (the first real major injury to any of the kids) in his head? I was around 5 months pregnant with Brody, and it was Father's Day. I was working at The Border Cafe, and was getting ready for my shift. I was actually training someone that day and was smack in the middle of going over a test with the trainee. I got a phone call at work, which was extremely rare. It was Nathan frantic, telling me Nate hit his head and he wasn't sure if he should take him to the hospital or not. I said is he bleeding? He said yes. I asked if it was a lot, he again said yes. He then added he was pretty sure he could see close to his skull, at which point I told him to get in the car and I would meet him at the hospital. Nate did indeed give himself quite the gash, and ended up with 7 stitches in the back of his head and his hair dyed pink with blood for the next week (we were unable to wash his hair due to the stitches, and when we say it bled a lot, think gory movie amounts of blood.)
How did this happen you may ask? Well Nate, my special child, attempted to hang glide off his bunk bed like Diego. Yes, this can all be blamed on Go Diego ago and his ever transforming backpack. Nate took a blanket that had a crocheted outer edge, made a hold in the crochet large enough for his HEAD (yes we are so thankful he didn't end up hanging himself) and then jumped off the top bunk, but the blanket got caught and he ended up smacking his head into the wood of the rail instead. Ouch.
Nate has thankfully been wary of hang gliding off bunk beds since the incident, or jumping on them, or playing around on them in general. That is until last night. Ty was up in his room reading, and Nate, being the typical little brother, decided to go up, which meant Brody tagged along too. Apparently Brody and Nate decided to jump on Brody's bed, and then this turned into a game of, the floor is hot lava and we have to jump from Brody's bed to the bunk bed to escape the lava. Nate jumped, but he jumped SMACK into the metal bed rail. (In case you are picking up on the inconsistency, we used to have wood bunk beds, now we have metal ones.) I was downstairs cleaning and tending to Keira when I head the blood curdling scream, and then there was Nate, with a lump the size of Texas on the front of his head. This monstrosity swelled at lightning speed. I immediately grabbed my trusty bag of frozen peas, and that was that.
When will this child learn the dangers of playing on beds?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com