Friday, April 23, 2010

Keira's First Job

Yesterday was a busy, long, but very exciting day. Keira and I booked our first job together for the box of the new doll Baby Alive by Hasbro. This doll is marketed towards baby girls around Keira's age. (Expect it in stores near Christmas time.) Keira was dressed in a combo of H & M, Carters and Ralph Lauren. I didn't get a chance to see what I was dressed in, but it was a pink v-neck tee and pale blue cardigan with a deep v-neck. (Not anything I would ever pick out to wear.) Keira sat in my lap in the makeup chair and she watched the women (I had two working on me) with so much intensity. Keira didn't need any makeup. We were brought over to a fake living room set and sat in a big armchair. Someone handed me the doll and I was taught the proper way to hold the doll, the position the doll needed to be in, and what "shot" they were looking for. While I was being told this I was listening to Tyra Banks scream in my head and tell me to make sure I was smeyezing. (I'm only partly joking here as I did make sure to bring nude underwear, just in case.) The next few minutes were a blur of people adjusting our clothes and touching up makeup and fixing hair and adjusting our fingers and switching out the brown haired doll for the blond haired doll, and this whole time Keira was giving the doll hugs and kisses and pointing out it's eyes and saying "love you baby." Fifteen minutes later and we took a break, so the photographer could look at her film and so Keira could have a break from the doll so she didn't get bored with it. We walked around a bit and talked to people, and then photographer came running up saying Keira nailed it. She said we didn't have to shoot anymore because they got the perfect shots they were looking for. The rep from Hasbro came and told us Keira was a rockstar and high fived her. Apparently Keira shot for only 15 minutes and got more than enough to choose from. Go Keira! We were done in less than an hour. When I was getting changed into my clothes I realized someone had put drop pearl earrings in my ears. Funny when you don't remember something like that.I am so glad Keira and I got to have this moment together. Thank you to Angela and everyone on set for being so kind to us and for making Keira feel so comfortable. I truly think it was your warmth that brought out the best in Keira and made it possible for her to be so happy.
I got out so early that I was able to pick up Nate and bring him to his job for a voiceover. I got Nate and then got stuck in two hours of traffic. Not fun. We made it, twenty minutes late, but we made in nonetheless. Now I have never done voiceover work, so this was new for me too. It was so cool. Everything about it was cool. Even the studio name was cool. There was a great kid friendly spread of bananas, juice boxes, water, animal crackers, etc. Keira and I hung out with one of the owners who is from Switzerland and has two little boys. Her husband took Nate to the studio where he recorded sports sounds like "Go" and "Homerun" and "Goal". They were not allowed to say what the actual job is for, but for the ten minutes he was in there, and the amount he got paid for those ten minutes, that is quite alright with me!
It thankfully only took an hour to get home, and traffic seemed to be a little bit kinder to us. It did not stop me though, while stuck in the tunnel to roll down all of the windows and air out Keira's screaming cries of get-me-out-of-this-car-now in hopes that people may pull aside and let us go though. It didn't work.
All in all it was a fun day. I am so grateful for the opportunities my kids were given, and am glad they had fun. Thanks for all of your support!

1 comment:

Amiee said...

WOW!! Nicole sounds like a very exciting day!!! Congrats to you and your little stars!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com