Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Birthday Wish

I love first birthdays for so many reasons. It is celebrating the birth of a child, but that first birthday is also making it through that first year, and looking forward to the growth ahead. It is symbolic of your baby transitioning into a toddler. Since most babies won't grasp the make a wish concept, I ask others to make wishes for them. For each child I have done this a different way, and Keira's is my favorite.
I decided on her birthday wish project because I love looking at the boys' but they are kept tucked away, for them when they are older. People write the sweetest things, and I thought they should be more accessible.
I first decided to cut out card stock into circles and butterflies. My mom and I found this perfect gift box to keep the papers in at the party (see first photo.) I left the box out and asked people to write down their wishes.
I found this great frame with the mat already included. I used a photo from Keira's party, and placed the wishes around her photo. I am so happy the way it turned out! (I have a few more wishes to include... but it was too cute not to share.) I hope Keira enjoys seeing her wishes, and I hope it serves as a reminder of just how loved she is.
If you have a wish for Keira, please feel free to leave one so I can include it.



Here are a few of my favorite wishes

"I wish you always stop to smell the flowers"
"May you dream the dream and live the dream"
"Be very successful"
"... may you find joy in all you do..."
"I wish you a lifetime of happiness and health filled with love and laughter"

On another note I would like to wish a little boy who is very near and dear to my heart, a happy first birthday. Jack, you are such a handsome little boy and you are loved by so many. I wish for your journey in life to be filled with fun and joy.
And check out the new Victoria Dress on my Etsy Shop!

1 comment:

Sarah Bisher said...

Awww! I love this idea! My wish for Keira is that she will marry my son someday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com