Saturday, May 22, 2010

Christmas Morning

You know that feeling, you feel it before you go to bed when you are really excited for what's going to happen the next day? And you are so excited that you wake up often because you hope it's morning?
Maybe it was in part to due to the fact that Nathan and I went out last night at 9:30 to a local restaurant to have a few drinks and an appetizer... ok and dessert too.
We lasted a whole hour and a half. But after two yes I said that two whole years of not being out alone, it was amazing. It felt new and kind of strange riding together alone in his car, which we both pointed out. And when the bartender carded me (yes I got carded and Nathan didn't which I used to my advantage) we felt the need to tell him how long it had been since we had been out alone and that we (okay just how I) never drink and that this was a very impromptu gift for us.
Back to today. That feeling is because today we are headed into Boston to listen to music along the Charles and play catch and have a picnic lunch, and enjoy each other. I grew up going to all of the free concerts at the Hatch Shell. I have vivid, glorious memories of dancing on our little blanket at sunset, mesmerized by the music.
I woke up this morning filled to the brim with happiness and excitement an anxious anticipation.
Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com