Friday, May 21, 2010

A Walk in the Park

I'm doing it again, that swirl of sunny fun that clogs my brain and makes it impossible to write. Keira has decided nightly parties are again fun, so she has been waking up for two hour dance parties in the middle of the night. I have to propel myself forward all day to keep myself from crashing. Yesterday before I left to drop Nate off at school I had already completed two loads of laundry, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, swept and mopped the floors, cleaned the bottom floor, stripped all the beds, and re made them and cleaned my cabinets. All before 9 am. I enjoyed a gorgeous walk around the lake, which if I haven't told you lately how fortunate I feel to live in this picturesque location, then I just did. I love the lake. I love people watching, and singing songs with the kids, and stopping at the parks. I love it all.
Unfortunately our day took a dip when we went to the park because of a little two year old monster (not my own) who was hell bent on pushing my kids. It started with Brody, who he pushed clear away from the play structure. When no one seemed to claim this terror of a child, I walked over and kindly said "Oh no, please do not push him, pushing is not nice." A winded grandfather came over at that point and said no, no to him, and that was that, or so I thought. I turned to look for Nate, and out of the corner of my eye I see the kid walk over to Brody, Keira, and a few other children, and then his arms go back to push, AGAIN, and this time Keira was the object of his aggression. Keira came away hysterical and the grandfather once again said no, with a why are you doing this for added effect. Keira refused to leave me at this point and Brody was hiding in a tunnel from demon child. That was not good enough for this boy, he then went to the tunnel and proceeded to pull, kick, push and hit Brody and Brody stared wide eyed at him. All the while there's ol' grandpa saying "devil boy" (I won't write his real name here) "please don't kick, push, hit, pull. Why are you doing this?"
Here's a tip. When your kids act out, remove them from the situation. Don't sit there and try to reason with them while they are practicing their torture techniques on another child.
Was this kid really as bad as I am describing? Put it this way, I'm pretty sure he was hoping a fence to slaughter the dog in the house behind the park and Criminal Minds already bought the rights to his story for their next big serial killer episode.
Since Old Man River wasn't doing squat about the boy who shall not be named, I picked up my kids while they still had all of their limbs intact and offered them the promise of the kiddie pool at home. When I was putting Keira in her car seat I almost ran back in that park and karate chopped the kid though. When he pushed her into the play structure, she must have hit her head hard because my poor baby girl has a massive egg smack in the middle of her forehead that is all black and blue and purple.
That. Little. Shit.
I wanted to grab Keira and bring her and say "LOOK WHAT YOU DID! Look what HE did! WHY am I the one leaving this park when that boy is a menace to society?"
Grr.
On the plus side, Brody was awesome. He did not push back, he just walked away. In the end, that is why I didn't run back to yell at the old man and the nightmare boy. If Brody could walk away, so could I.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com