Saturday, May 29, 2010

Did You Drop Something?

Okay, okay I am writing it. The post I am assuming most of you wanted to read, or I became popular overnight, because I swear my visitors tripled today!

If you haven't heard the news, here it is....
Last night Nathan got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Seven and a half years, 5 pregnancies and three children (not fifteen dad, wink wink) later, we are finally taking that big leap into marriage.
I got it stuck in my head that I wanted to go to the Children's Museum in Boston Friday night. I called Nathan to see if he would jump on board, but before I even asked, I found out he was having a terrible work day. I did ask though, and he said yes, much to my surprise and joy. He said that before we went though, he wanted to walk around all of the pretty gardens that have been built in the city, part of the big dig project and to add some green to Boston. They are gorgeous, so if you are in the area, take a stroll. It almost makes those years of horrid, nightmarish traffic and construction detours forgettable.
We were telling the kids about this, when Nathan asked Nate if he wanted to take a picture of us. Brody then threw a temper tantrum because, naturally he wanted to take a picture. We diffused the situation, and I took my place next to Nathan to take a quick photo. But Nathan dropped down next to me, and I thought he dropped his phone or something, but he didn't, because when I looked at him he was on one knee, wait,he was on one knee, and he asked me to marry him. Then there was a pretty little box in front of me, with something sparkling at me from inside that box. and he said some very heart felt things, things I fear if I wrote out for the world to see, he may take the pretty sparkly thing on my finger back. But it was really sweet, and made me cry, and made me speechless, which is so very hard for me to be. And this is probably right around the time Nate took the picture.

And it was perfect. All of it. Oh, and I said yes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com