Saturday, July 31, 2010

We're Alright

This seems to be an appropriate theme song at the moment. Quite honestly, if you were a fly on the wall in my house, you would hear this blasting, and see me and the kids jumping up and down, spinning, and dancing in strange ways that we find hilarious. Oh and when we sing "keep our teeth nice and clean", we all make various gestures towards our mouths, which inevitably makes us all crack up laughing.
The upbeat, fast pace of the music is the closest equivalent to what my life seems like at the moment. The song is on replay constantly. I am going to hope my kids appreciate my eclectic taste in music someday. In all honesty they would have to thank the wonderful movie Clueless for my introduction to this song. Just one of many things to love from that movie, but that's another post that I probably won't ever write."I know what you must be thinking... is this like a Noxema commercial, or what? But actually, I have like, a way normal life for the average teenage girl..."
Seriously guys, I could sit here and run through the entire movie start through finish. It is THAT embedded in my brain.
I'm scaring you now, aren't I?
Off subject, but Nathan and I were discussing this the other day. What show would you say is this generation's Saved By The Bell? We're guessing iCarly.
Also of possible interest to you is that Nathan believes Zac Effron is "probably like the next Brad Pitt."
To which I responded "Are you trying to tell me you have a man crush on Zac Effron?" (because he has an admitted man love thing going on with Brad Pitt, and I'm not questioning his sexuality here, I'm just stating facts.)
And he responded "He is a really good looking guy, and you know I actually really like him in movies."
Have I told you Nathan loves 17 Again? And Legally Blonde? I once (when we first started dating) went over his house to find him and one of his good friends baking chocolate chip cookies and watching Legally Blonde. I have never in almost eight years let him live that down, and whenever it comes up (usually at his expense, my delight and in the presence of other people) he admittedly protests that there is nothing odd about that situation. I laugh. A lot.
Have I also told you he is known to sometimes sing Madonna, (song of choice being Holiday) at the top of his lungs in the shower?
These are reasons I love him. His man crushes on Brad Pitt and Zac Effron, his love for chick flicks, and his ability to know the words to Madonna.

I have no idea where this post is going but I am sure I have already said entirely too much.
Happy Weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Lillian said...

I'm hoping to train my brother up to be like that. So far it's not working, he spends most of his time doing karate/playing star wars/buying plastic guns etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com