Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Big Time Slacking

I know, I know... I haven't posted in a while. I apologize. It's just that we have been so insanely busy. So busy that I needed to put it in italics.
I have lots to fill you in on, a few great reviews, but for now, for this post I want to share some exciting news, that you may or may not find as exciting as me.
My Brody boy is now officially a big boy!!! No more diapers! Big boy undies! ALL DAY LONG!!! That included trips out of the house and he even told me when he had to go then and used a public restroom.
Okay, I am clearly more excited about this than any of you will be. But I will admit to you that I was slightly worried he wasn't going to be an easy potty-training child. Ty was potty trained right at age 2, and Nate just shy of 2 1/2. Both of them trained in one day and that was that, we never looked back. Brody however has been slowly going here and there. He has shown interest, then shied away from it, then shown some interest again, only to revert back to not at all. In fact I just had a conversation with a friend just yesterday about how I thought he was going to take a while. Yesterday that was my train of thought. Today however, Brody woke up and told me he had to pee, so we rushed to the bathroom and he peed. This continued all day when he had to go potty (yeah I know, mom talk), and he has had NOT ONE ACCIDENT!
He has worn his big boy undies with pride and has been so sweet about the whole thing. (Of course we are all cheering and clapping and hugging and loving on him every time he goes.)
So that is the best part of my day. Hallelujah! My Brody is a big boy now!!!

1 comment:

jana said...

i was sooooooooo beyond excited when arie potty-trained. she was young i guess, but considering that she would tell us "i need to pee" "i'm going pee" "change me" from about 18-20 months on, i was READY for her to be in panties!! i cannot wait to have them ALL in underwear!! Good for you Brody!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com