Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Jumbled Brain

Okay, I know I have spent many-a post promising photos and more in depth updates. Its just that we've been so busy y'all!!! (I know I've been saying that a lot too, but darn it, it's true!)
Here are a few little things I'd like to get out of my head... think of it as a end of summer cleaning. As you all know by now there's a whole little universe in my head, and the man that was just elected leader (after the masses overthrew that last guy for letting me go too many places with zero make-up, pshhh like that was okay) decided it was too cluttered and these bits of randomness need to go.
Are you still with me?
Okay.

My children are switching their idol worshiping of Michael Jackson to idol worshiping of Eminem.
Thank you MJ for teaching my kids that prescription drugs can kill you. There have been some wonderful anti drug debates because of this. Thank you also for the endless amount of times I have to say "crotch grabbing is only cool when Michael Jackson does it. You'll get arrested if you keep doing that in public. It's called lewd behavior." Also thank you for teaching my kids to (sort-of) moonwalk and to do the Thriller dance, and sing all of your songs because those things have supplied me, and anyone who would watch them hours of entertainment. (Dude, have you seen Nate sing Billy Jean?)
So far Eminem you have also picked up on the anti drug issue, right where MJ left off. You however have gotten yourself clean (which is just great to hear 5 and 9 year olds say) You have also taught my kids about domestic violence and its consequences. My kids jump at the chance to tell the tale about your poor upbringing, how you hate your dad, about your little sister, about Kim, Hailey, oh and that in the video for Stan, it is just an actor that looks like you, and he's kind of obsessed, like a stalker. Thanks for teaching my kids about stalkers. It has been interesting that you, Eminem have sort of a God-like way of teaching some things. Yesterday while in the car we were having a deep, meaningful discussion. Ty was debating the topic of past lives and if you would know if you were repeating things and how sad it would be to not remember if you had a really cool past life, when my dear Nate piped up and said "Ty, remember what Eminem says, you only have ONE shot, ONE opportunity..." If you do not know to which Eminem song I am referring to, then you need a quick lesson on Marshall Mathers aka Slim Shady aka Slim aka Eminem and I suggest you see 8 Mile. The song is the "theme song" if you will.
Thank you Eminem for also keeping me on my toes and searching for your "radio edited" songs. Because THAT'S fun to do, and for making sure I do not fill in the blanks to the parts edited.
Also thank you for making me cool again in my kids eyes because I have seen Eminem in concert. I had lost much respect when I neglected to ever travel far or pay $504,987 to see Michael Jackson in concert. (I only redeemed this by saying I saw Janet Jackson in concert, but the damage was done by then.)

While I am on a kick of letting you know what a wonderful parent I have become, I should also tell you that I have taught Keira do do the little shoulder dance that Jay-Z does in the video for the song "Big Pimpin". I have not shown her, or any of the other kids the video, so be happy about that.

Brody refers to most of us as "Baby" now, so that's fun. It is always a good time when a two year old can say "Hey baby." Next up, we'll be teaching him to say "How you doin'?"

Was that enough brain vomit for you today? Because I feel like I need a shower.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com