Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh Wouldn't It Be

Loverly. It is loverly.

This is the song I have been singing to Keira since she was days old, because it always calmed her, and later made her smile, and later made her laugh.

The boys all sing it to her (in their best British accents, which is funny in itself) when she is upset.

Basically this song is more than just a song now in our house, to our Keira.

Yesterday, while getting ready to take a bath, I was singing it to Keira and I sang "Oh wouldn't it be.." and do you know what happened next?

Can you guess?


C'mon, play along. Guess.


Did you guess?


She (She being my little baby girl) sang right one cue... "Loverly"

It may not have sounded like loverly to a random person (because honestly what 17 month old uses the word loverly in their daily vocabulary? Okay, what adult uses the word loverly in their daily vocabulary? Okay I don't believe it is even a word because spell check is hating on this post in a big way right now.

BUT, My heart swelled so much at that moment I thought it could burst right out of my chest. So I cried (what else does one do when their heart swells so much?) and I clapped, and I made her sing it with me over and over and over and over, until she refused to do it any more, and was all "BUBBLES! BUBBLES! BUBBLES!"

So the point is, you will soon see a video of Keira singing this song, and maybe in another 6 months, okay maybe a year, you will see her singing the whole thing without me, and you will surely hear me blubbering like a crazy fool in the back round, because my heart will have finally exploded.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com