Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recovery

I am better this morning. Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes sent my way. I had a great venting session with one of my great friends, and blocked out the screeching and noise coming from the boys' new game, bowling with all of my canned goods. While cleaning the said canned goods, Brody got his hands on a box of brownie mix and ate through the bag. He said he wasn't eating it, he was just licking it. He also fed some to his sister, being the nice brother that he is. While cleaning the brownie mix, Keira dumped my glass of water and then for added fun smashed the glass onto the table. I then gave up on the day. I got the kids together, dropped Ty off at the football field at 530pm, cursed Earl for not being a stronger storm to cancel that practice altogether, went home and waited anxiously, I mean patiently for Nathan to come home. He finally did at 630, he took a shower and as soon as he sat down I informed him I had to go to the grocery store. He got Brody and Nate ready for bed, I took Keira, and we bought a few things. Then, because the day warranted it, we sat in the car, parked in front of the football field, and ate cheez-its while watching Ty finish up his practice in the rain.
Now I will tell you I was good. I didn't eat a lot. Just a handful. It instantly made me feel better (I know Jillian and Bob are tssk tssk-ing me for saying that.) Keira and I got out of the car and splashed in puddles. Because what better way to end a horrible no good very bad day then to splash in puddles?
Today, I'm going to be honest, my schedule is beyond crazy, BUT today is a new day. Today I am determined to come out on top, and I will.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com