Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 10

Oh today was an interesting one. I had intended to set up my stroller (I had to get a replacement frame for it) last night, and got so frustrated that I gave up. I planned on running this morning, because I need to. Because when I went on steroids for two weeks, they destroyed my hard work this year and I gained SIX pounds back. Six.

Not cool steroids, not cool.

So since my lingering 'roid rage made me too annoyed to finish my stroller I couldn't go running on this gorgeous morning, so I woke up in a funk. Once you start your day like that it is pretty hard to get out of it.

Brody had Early Intervention today, and his teacher told me she wants him also evaluated by an OT for some sensory issues. Nothing major, but they are hindering his learning process, and we may as well do all the evals at once rather than space them out (his speech eval is Thursday morning.)

Nate went to a friend's house after school today, and I decided to turn my day around, and get a good workout in, despite my stroller issues. And so I raked my yard. My whole yard.

I have a big yard that is surrounded, no engulfed by trees. There were a lot of leaves.

Oh man did I work up a sweat.

Then I reorganized yard toys.

Then I decided to give the stroller another go. Because naturally, I felt like my luck had changed since I was on such a roll.
And it did. I finished my stroller. I sliced my hand somewhere along the way, but I did it. I feel accomplished.

I just dropped Ty off at football and am starting Taco Tuesday dinner, and getting the other three kids in the bath/shower, and am going to continue with my getting-things-done streak.

That is until I crash, because Keira has had insomnia the past two nights, and I know that inevitable crash of sleepiness is coming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com