Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 12

Oh Day 12, where to begin?

Well I will begin with something fantasmical.

Yeah I just used that word. It was that good.

This morning, after I woke up and got the older two boys off to school, I took a shower.

By myself.

With no children barging in.

Seriously.

For the first time in... gosh at least three years, I took a morning shower with not one child coming in, pulling the curtain back, screaming for me.

Holy mother of God, it was GLORIOUS!!!

I would have sung hymns if it weren't for fear of a baby investigating where the noise was coming from. Ha.

How did this happen? Well Nate's friend gave him this Handy Manny toy tool box that sings and makes the tools dance. Keira is obsessed. She parked herself in the toy room, with that tool box, and had Dora on for added insurance. Brody was still sleeping. I had the door half open (the toy room is across from the bathroom) and I just went for it. I know, rebellious of me, huh?

This folks, is one of the moments that reconfirm our decision to not have any more kids.

With so many of my friends, and people my age in general, just starting out having kids, it is sometimes hard to feel like I'm done. But the fact is, I started waaaaaay earlier. In fact, I was pregnant with Ty already this time ten years ago. (That deserved both italics and bold.) It amazed me how drastically my life has changed in these ten years. I have been a parent for ten whole years. A decade.

In my best Joey Lawrence voice, Whoa!

If you don't get that reference, we can't be friends. Sorry.

Oh Joey, how I loved you. I can't wait to see who Keira swears up and down she will marry one day. Fred Savage was my first real crush. Now good ol' Fred is the voice of Oswald. I hate Oswald. Keira loves Oswald. It's like things have come full circle.

Anyway, migraine gone this morning, I took a shower alone, had Brody's evaluation, got all my errands done, decided to go to the grocery store and buy the stuff for the master cleanse, played outside with all of the kids, raked my yard (again), saw Nathan for a brief few moments, and came in, cleaned the kids, and now am waiting to pick up Ty from his LAST football practice of the season.

Life is good today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com