Sunday, October 31, 2010

Days 13 and 14

You guessed it. We've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. BUT aside from the hovering sadness we feel due to the family situation, things have been really good.

I think it is because of that sadness that we feel compelled to enjoy each moment. That is why I started these daily posts, and will continue to do for the next year. It is really forcing me to look at things in a new perspective. Instead of getting easily frustrated, or mentally and emotionally bogged down by things, I have chosen to just live in the moment, and push through things with a smile on my face. Let me tell you, life has been much calmer. I'm not saying that life is suddenly perfect, because it is far from it. I have just tried a new approach to dealing with things, which has resulted in a calmer, happier me, which in turn means a calmer, happier family.
Whatever it is, it's working.

We visited with Nathan's brother and sister, and his sister's boys on Friday, and Ty attended his school's Halloween party. Saturday morning Nate scored three goals at his soccer game. He is such a great soccer player! I was able to go see my godson Connor play in his soccer game Saturday afternoon also.

Then..

oh and THEN,

I had a massage!

You read that correctly! It was glorious! It was relaxing! It was everything I needed and more.

Afterward the kids and I made Halloween cupcakes at my mom's house, and we managed to get home by 8:30 that night.

I know I am a day behind, but I promise to make Day 15, the Halloween post SPOOKTACULAR!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com